Friday, February 26, 2010

Preacher's Block

I'm slated to preach this Sunday on Ruth 4 as we close out our "Moabite with an Appetite" series. Ruth's story- and really, Boaz and Ruth's story- is such a good one, and when you consider that it occurs during the time of the judges- one of Israel's darkest periods- it makes it that much better. I usually get the benefit of weeks, sometimes months, between messages so there's much more time to let a message 'brew'. But this is now the 4th time I've taught in the last 11 weeks or so, and I've struggled this week coming up with something to say. I'm not sure how preachers like Pastor Doug do it week after week- I know my respect rises after hitting my own wall this week for the creativity and the insights they are able to communicate on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment