Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where Jesus would have been

Last Wednesday I was with others from our church serving at a SD Achieve house . The house has 12 residents and over 20 full time staff. Our job was to serve supper and hang out at the house as our Wednesday Night Service. It was an interesting experience to say the least. There wasn't much to do in terms of work- some of our group were able to do the dishes, some (including my son Riley) were able to clear dishes, but a it became apparent that a big part of the evening was simply being present and being with people whom Jesus loves and whom are different then us. I know Riley and I had some good conversation on the way home and before bed that evening about the experience. When I read in the gospels about Jesus, I can't help but think it's places like this house where he would have hung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment