Sunday, May 31, 2009

At the movies

T and I have rented quite a few movies the past couple of months. Three factors help to explain why we've rented so many movies recently:
1) Redbox vending machines, which allows us to rent a movie for the ridiculously low price of $1; 2) our cable only has 20 or so channels and
3) I really don't want to watch Season 3 of Jon and Kate Plus 8 on DVD with T.

So, we've rented some movies and I've listed the top 5 we've watched. Since I get up pretty early, I rated the movie solely based on how often (or how little) I fell asleep during the movie:

5) Valkyrie- truth be told, I didn't make it 10 minutes into this World War 2 flick on taking out Hitler. More of T's genre.

4) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- decent movie, but we watched it over two nights and I fell asleep during parts of both nights, so I have to knock it down to #4

3) Seven Pounds- hadn't heard much about this film until T brought it home; ended up really liking it a lot. Lots to think about. Still dozed a couple of times in the first parts of the movies.

2) Slumdog Millionaire- I usually have the rule that if a film wins an Oscar for Best Picture, I probably won't see it. But we made an exception with this one, and it's an excellent film. No sleeping here.

1) Paul Blart Mall Cop- I'm sure some will question my sanity ranking this movie ahead of Slumdog (and the others), but I found this movie, while stupid, to be laugh out loud funny (and T didn't, a sure sign that it was even funnier!). The only thing that would have made it funnier is if I would have watched it with my brother Mike or my brother-in-law Tyler.

There you go. Should help you out the next time you're at the Redbox . . .

3 comments:

  1. Just watch Paul Blart Mall Cop on Monday night. Talk about a D rated movie, but it was funny. Amanda didn't like it, but I thought it was good. At first I thought it was a TNT special, but it was decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny post! We also love hitting up the redbox and have done so 3x's this past week. I also fell asleep during seven pounds and valkyrie! And Paul Blart was occasionally funny, but Tyler also said within the first 5 minutes of the movie that he wished he was watching it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are hilarious! While it is a D movie, the humor is right up my alley. Plus Kevin James is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete