Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kids say . . .

Recent comments from my kids:

Convo #1
Riley: Dad, can I join the Cub Scouts?
Me: Probably not.
Riley: Why not?
Me: Why do you want to join the cub scouts?
Riley: Because you can get badges (is that all it takes? no wonder tats are so cool).
Me (later in the conversation): what was the best part about your day?
Riley: When they told us about cub scouts (of course it was, but you're still not joining scouts).

Convo #2
I came home this past Sunday afternoon from a meeting and found Chraley doing something he shouldn't. I asked him to stop. Charley looked at me and said, "you, go back to work".

Convo#3
Me: Kinsley, can you go downstairs and let Pepper out?
Kinsley: Sorry, dad, but I actually can't do that right now.
Me: When did you learn the word 'actually'?

I'm a failure as a parent . . . !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive