Friday, September 18, 2009

Sloppy Joes

We had sloppy joes this past Wednesday at church for the meal before our Wednesday Night Service. It truly was a group effort to pull of what I thought would be a rather easy meal. I had gotten a recipe from Karen and started work on it Tuesday afternoon but was missing two ingredients. Wednesday morning I picked up the ingredients and turned the roaster on. As I thought about the sloppy joes, I had two thoughts: first, I know the kids like them extra sloppy, and second, since I'm not exactly a cook but more of a recipe follower, I had better have a couple people taste them to see if they are ok. So I enlisted
  • my administrative assistant to tell me if they tasted ok. She tasted them, and said they were ok, but were missing something. She added some things and made them better
  • my wife, who stopped by while running errands. She thought they were good to go, but only after my administrative assistant had added some other things.
  • Pastor Ben, who took a sample, and said they were good, but wondered if I Had enough (I was beginning to question that myself).
  • the kitchen crew came later in the afternoon, and decided we needed to add more meat, and they even added some onion!

Who knew so much went into sloppy joes? And in the end, my kids didn't eat them. Oh well, this week's chicken enchiladas ought to be better because I didn't have any hand in them . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive