Friday, March 5, 2010

Never too old

I'm a big fan of the AmeriCorps program. It seems like a lot of the people I work with on community service projects are part of the AmeriCorps program, whether it's the VOA thrift store or the Bowden Youth Center. These young adults are passionate, talented, and dedicated individuals doing reaaly good work in our community and with segments of the city that often get overlooked.

The other day I had a meeting with another AmeriCorps person, except she wasn't a young adult- she was an elderly woman probably in her 70s! I was so encouraged by her and her desire to keep working and to keep advocating for change at an age when most people are worn out from change. There's no retirement from kingdom work.

1 comment:

  1. AmeriCorp is great. I did it last year. Great pay, play with kids and school loans go down. Can't be it.

    I think we are coming April 4th weekend. Have Tarina break out the finest China. We expect the best.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive