Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thank You

This Sunday Hillcrest had its 4th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event. Personally, I think it is one of the more fun events we do as we recognize all of our hardworking volunteers who work passionately and tirelessly behind the scenes making a difference for the kingdom. This year's event was hosted by Heath and the gang at the 41st St Pizza Ranch and they did such a great job, especially considering the 150 or so of us filled their banquet rooms and spilled over into their main seating areas.

It's pretty informal- we pick up our volunteer's and their families' meals, hang out a bit, give away tons of gift cards, and say thank you a lot! We also provided childcare back at our facility so parents could even enjoy a bit of a night out.

Before the event, each of our elders and pastors sign thank you cards for the people who serve in their ministry areas. I'm sure I signed over 200 thank you cards (apologies to those who happened to receive one from me as you will probably have to ask my wife to translate my handwriting for you!), and yet I believe I probably don't say thank you enough. When I consider it takes 40 or so volunteers to pull of a Sunday morning, another 40 or so to pull of a Wednesday night, and still more for youth ministry, small groups and bible studies, meals for the sick and volunteers for our facility, I am acutely aware of just how interdependent we are on one another, and how we are all ministers, all in this mission together.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive