Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

Nothing spectacular, just some random thoughts:
  • Thankful that Hardees is back in Sioux Falls, and thankful that they are a bit out of the way for me otherwise I'd be getting cinnamon and raisin biscuit every morning!
  • I've been to Menard's on Friday night and Saturday night the last 4 weekends. For real. Maybe I should have signed up for the Big card.
  • You know you're a geek (or frugal, or both!) when the price of rock excites you. I got a ton (a literal, 2,000 pound ton) of rock from here for $28. For real. Sure beats the $3.50 a bag. And the crazy thing is I ran out- needed another 1/2 a ton.
  • Thanks to bros Mike and Aaron for helping paint this last weekend. Couldn't have gotten that much done without them.
  • We had a funeral at Hillcrest Monday. Anne Johnson was a special lady who loved the Lord and others. As I was setting up for the funeral on Sunday, my son asked me if we were eating lunch at church (not an unusual question for a pastor's family). I said no, it's for tomorrow's funeral. My son said, 'oh, who's dying tomorrow?'. Literal children.
  • Your kids will get a ton of candy if they attend this event at CTU. Hillcrest and Powerhouse are also partnering with Wesley UMC on a trunk or treat event this Saturday from 12-2. Kids will get plenty of candy here as well. And yesterday at Sam's I picked up a couple boxes of candy bars- yes, we'll be that house this Sunday so if you have kiddos, stop by early, cause once the candy is gone, it's gone!
  • R and W had a skating party at Carousel Skate for school this past Monday. A good time, got to wear costumes, see friends, etc. But, and I know I'm getting older and that our kids aren't the median for pop culture, but does a kindergartner need to roller skate to Katy Perry singing about california girls and teenage dreams?

3 comments:

  1. Brian
    I always enjoy reading your blog - frequent it often for ideas to ponder, sioux falls and stroh happenings, etc. Thought today I would comment though - since you wrote about Hardees re-opening. I noticed that announcement on the Argus site the other day too, and for some reason I always correlate many of our early talks to being at the Minnesota & 37th Street Hardees - sitting in a both talking about what God's been teaching us each lately. It was and remains a huge blessing to know you. Enjoy a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for my first international comment, Pete! Good to hear from you. I miss those Hardees days as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardees....can't remember the last time I was there, but yes, good biscuits.
    Big card....maybe you should still get one?? :)
    Rock price...still can't believe that deal either!!
    Painting..glad we could come to help.
    Literal funeral comment.... still laughing at this.
    Whole candy bars?? Ummmmm... we should have come this weekend!! :)
    And skating costume party.... so fun!!! But, totally agree about Katy Perry song...ick!

    Love you brother and your blogs!

    ReplyDelete