Thursday, February 17, 2011

Levitical Intentions

I confess that most times I get to the book of Leviticus, I set the cruise control. I reason that so much of the book is outdated and describes an ancient Jewish sacrificial system that there isn't possibly much that I could gain out of the book here today. And yet, this trip has been a bit different. This current time through, as I've been reading Leviticus, I've noticed all the preparations, efforts and energies that went into the sacrificial system. And while on past trips I would think that these efforts were perhaps legalistic or oppressive, this time through I'm noticing that they really demonstrate attention to detail and devotion to the creator . With this thought, I am then forced to evaluate whether I am that careful in my own worship, whether I pay that much attention to my preparation in my own personal and corporate worship, and often time my honest answer would have to be 'no'.

No comments:

Post a Comment