Friday, July 8, 2011

Movie Reviews

It's been in the works for awhile now, but here's a review of some recent films we've seen. With our netflix account, you'd think we'd watch some more films, but alas the pace of life hasn't really bumped up our movie watching! Also, I've enlisted a rule that if a DVD that we've gotten from Netflix sits at our house for a week and we don't watch it, then it must not be worth watching (I am sure it could be that there were too many (worthwhile) things going on that week that trumped movies, but I consider this good stewardship!). Onto the reviews:



  • True Grit- I not much into Westerns, but this was a good show. Loved the girl's performance in it and liked that it didn't end 'Hollywood'. We watched this during two different nights while at the lake as I fell asleep, so guess that's a negative!

  • I Am Number Four- this fell victim to the one week rule. Sorry. So did 'Hereafter'.

  • Gnomeo and Juliet- cute kid movie, but glad we didn't pay to see it in a theatre!

  • Cars 2- did pay to see this in the theatre and it was so fun experiencing it with my almost 2 year old nephew and it being his first movie! Seeing it with Emmett trumped what I thought was a weak story and more of a money grab for Disney.

  • Mater's Tall Tales- so good. We've watched this one several times. So good. Should have used this as Cars 2 and kept Cars 2 in the uber-secure 'Disney vault'.

  • Soul Surfer- saw this with the youth back in April. I thought it was very good. Looking forward to it being on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment