Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chrismas Lights

A great post from Seth Godin on the 'economics' Christmas lights here.

Couple extra thoughts:


  • My dad is awesome with Christmas lights! And, he, my brother and me have a great story about hanging lights one season that invovled two ladders (one on the roof!), freezing rain, and those infamous words, 'uh oh'. Classic!

  • I am not so awesome with the Christmas lights, but hang them each season with the saying 'happy wife, happy life' in the back of my mind. Currently, two different strands of my icicles have sections that don't work. I've tried switching out bulbs and replacing fuses. Nada. So, I will turn them on, suffer the ridicule of having half-lit lights, and have T get some new ones when they are half off after Christmas!

  • Finally, it's probably not a good sign when more of my neighbors decorate for Halloween then for Christmas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive