Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Knowing the Basics

Salesperson stops by the other day.  Asks me "are you interested in getting more parishioners?"

What a question!  Parishioners?!

Anyway, it's a great question.  Say no, and you're not being honest.  Say yes, and you now have to listen to the pitch.

So I say yes.

And politely listen to the pitch.

After the pitch, I ask how many other local churches have utilized this particular pitch.

The salesperson isn't quite sure.  Salesperson knows of one church who has utilized a different pitch, but that's not the pitch I was given nor is there data on the pitch I was given.  

My question is a basic one concerning ROI or return on investment.  Simply, if I give you x dollars, what's the turnaround, the result?  Fairly basic question.

But if you don't know the basics . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment