Friday, November 9, 2012

Smarter. Not Harder.

When I was in college and seminary, my mentor and friend Troy would often say "Smarter, not Harder".  Didn't matter if we were setting up for a Wednesday evening program, moving something around the church facility, or on a mission trip.  If there was a smarter way to do something, it always trumped the harder way.

As I was recently moving stuff around the church facility, I repeated that phrase several times as I used a cart, 4 wheel 'scooter', and a 2 wheel dolly (still convinced you can move anything with a two wheel dolly) to move stuff much larger than I.  It's not that I'm against hard work or working hard- even with the help of the dolly it took some real effort to move some of the items- but I have also realized there are smarter ways to move things- with carts and scooters and dollies!

When looking at your own work or life, be sure to look out for "smarter- not harder".


No comments:

Post a Comment