Saturday, July 18, 2009

Came apart


Went to Kmart yesterday for a couple of things and was reminded of three reasons why I rarely shop there. First, their prices. The only reason I am at Kmart is because it's close to my house, and then I leave there with two items that are easily less than $10 at the competitor but are at least a few bucks more here. Second, there is never anyone to help you at Kmart. At Wal Mart, I get this phenomenon, because at least their people are working- it is busy- and there are 10s of customers needing to check out so waiting is understandable. But at Kmart, there's like 4 of us, and it is still taking forever, and they open up a second checkout line but it doesn't work, and . . . Third, receipts. As in, I got like 3 huge receipts for two items! One was the actual receipt with a long survey for me to take (I'll skip the survey and instead blog to the 10 people, ok 3, who read this!). The other two were coupons- $5 off my next $50 grocery purchase. Wow- thanks. I understand it wouldn't take too much to get to $50 in groceries at Kmart, but whereas $5 off at Wal Mart is like a free box of cereal, at Kmart it's like a free bowl of cereal. No thanks. I am surprised I didn't get a gift receipt for my spray paint. Some blue light special . . .

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! So true!! We had a Kmart close to our house and will run there if we need something quick, too. Aaron usually will prefer shopping at Kmart and spending what he considers "a little more" for "a much more pleasant" shopping experience. Not me... I need to stretch that almighty dollar! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the icon. We are anti K-mart, but would probably go there if we lived close. You gave me some ideas and I think I will piggy back your blog and talk about Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another hilarious blog! I do not like Kmart either. Prefer Target but shop at Walmart for their good prices - at least Walmart has remodeled and gone into Super Walmart mode. Being at Kmart does not feel natural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone- didn't know it'd strike a chord!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive