Friday, September 3, 2010

Book reviews

Been able to fit in some reading this summer; here's some quick recaps:
  • Drive- interesting read on what motivates people. Liked what it had to say about homework, chores and allowances (for instance, should I really have to pay my child every time they perform work? Shouldn't some chores be part of one's character?), and some of the changes that might be coming down the pike in the world of work.
  • The Emotionally Healthy Church- really good read, especially for those who lead in churches-either as paid or volunteers. As fired up as I get about what a church does or can do, it's also important to consider who a church is and who people are becoming.
  • Wellbeing- I like Gallup books because they are concise, make good arguments, back up findings with data, and give application.

If you've got some other recommendations, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment