Sunday, September 5, 2010

Random Remodel Thoughts

As I continue to work at rebuilding my basement, some random thoughts:
  • How do people do this for a living? I am so sore, tired, and worn out after one day of digging for a new window (who am I kidding- I am worn out after an hour!), that I have new appreciation for those that do jobs like this all of the time. Not sure how my brother-in-law does it, but he works really hard, and I've never loved my office more!
  • When you take two truckloads of dirt to the dump over a couple of days, they get to know you. You learn there's a little community and soon guys give you pointers and insider tips. So, if you want to know where to take your tree branches for free, I know a place . . .
  • While I am typically against a credit card, I get why people have a Menard's Big Card. 2% rebate on just this first project of ours would add up!

I am sure there are more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh yes..... the Menards BIG card.... save BIG money at Menards! Hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete