Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Two Sides of Change

There are two sides to change.  The first side is the side of those who make the change.  The second side is the side of those who have to deal with the change.

As someone who's been on both sides of change, it is important to remember what it feels like for each side going through a change.   

I know what the first side, the side making the change, feels like.  So when I am on the second side and am having to deal with a change, I have greater empathy for the first side, for those who made the change, and thus are less likely to react out of fear or raw emotion.

I also know what the second side feels like, to experience a change that leaves you feeling like turbulence on an airplane.  Those experiences hopefully makes me more aware when I am in the first side of making a change, to realize those feelings and do all I can to minimize the turbulence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment