Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Summer Reading

I didn't get to read as much as I hoped for this summer, but here's a quick recap:
  • The Go-Giver- been awhile since I've read a 'novel', but this book was a good story, though it rubs up against some 'health and wealth' gospel values.
  • Quitter- no, not looking to quit a job, but this is a good read for anyone looking to get more out of work- both those of us who love our jobs and those who don't.  Plus, the author is pretty funny and if anything, you'll find the book entertaining!
  • Platform- one of those books I pick up because I keep seeing people reference it.  I started on Twitter as a result of it, but if you're not an author- and I am not- it misses on some levels.
  • DIY U- a book that discusses the shifts taking place- and yet to come- in higher education.  Along with health care, higher education continues to soar in costs and there's many differnet things being implemented that weren't available 10-20 years ago.  Didn't agree with everything, but interesting premises.
  • The Coming Jobs War- the leader of the Gallup organization- the one that takes all the polls- says the way of our current economic situation is by creating jobs.  You might already know that, but the data and the story behind this basic premise is well-founded.
If you read something worthwhile this summer, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment