Saturday, August 22, 2009

The sport my kids play

Before I had kids, I referred to soccer as the sport others kids played.

When my kids were young, I told them that soccer was a sport other kids played.

For the past several summers and falls, I would drive past the soccer fields, look at the kids playing and the families watching, and think thoughts such as "suckers" and "glad we're not there".

Well, that all ends today, as soccer becomes the sport my kids play. Sigh. Our next two months of Saturdays will be spent at the soccer fields, watching R and W and other rugrats their age play a sport I really don't understand all that much. The important thing is that they are excited and are already having fun.

5 comments:

  1. I used to say the same, but see my doom coming as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious. you did always refer to soccer as a sport your kids would not play! now you know why so many kids play it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 kids raised with softball, football, racing, track, baseball, basketball, tennis and bowling(really) but we always had a very well known "no soccer" rule in our home. We were successful in that anyway........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update- Wes had like 6 goals in his first game, so he was pretty excited. Still hopeful he'll use that athletic talent in other sports too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! You are pretty funny! Pretty much 3/4 of my 2nd graders each year play soccer... so it must be a good sport. Maybe you should pick up a book about soccer and study up? Since you like to read.... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive