Thursday, August 27, 2009

What to do?

Last week a rough week as #4 went to play for the dark side. I've never gotten so many texts, emails, and facebook messages as I did last week when this dreaded news hit. The author of a blog I follow loves this development as he's both a Packer and a Viking fan. Not sure how that works. That's like saying you voted for Obama and McCain, that you hope either the Red Sox or the Yankees win the World Series, or that you don't care if your next new truck is an F150 or a Silverado.

Either way, it was a rough week, and now I'm left with the task of cleansing my house from all green and gold #4 items as if it were yeast the week before leaving Egypt. It seems there are a few options:
  • Cremation- I have a backyard fire pit and could easily see the boys and I having a good time burning the mesh replica jerseys and roasting mallows over the open flame.
  • Burial- much like burying a beloved pet, I could also bury the items. I would probably choose the spot in my backyard where we've had wasp nests two consecutive summers.
  • Donation- several friends who cheer for the dark side could use my jerseys (with a can or two of spray paint), or I could follow the lead of these guys.

What to do, what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive