Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Intended for Somebody Else

Maybe you've done this- you hear a great message at church or hear something great on the radio or the web, and think to yourself, my friend (or spouse, of child, or family member, or boss, etc) so needs to hear this!  You've thought about who else should hear the message before you've even taken a stab at applying it yourself.

I can be guilty of similar thinking in my devotional time.  I'll read some Scripture and think, 'this would make a good blog post' or 'this would make a good sermon'.  In the same way, I've thought about who else needs to hear this before I have even taken a stab at applying it myself.  

Do this too often and soon our friends and family members will be thinking we ought to hear these great sermons or read these great passages!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive