Friday, June 21, 2013

Remembering Names

I worked at a smaller bank part-time as a teller.  One day the bank president came in, greeted me by name, and asked how things were going.

I was seriously impressed.  The bank's president knew my name even though I had only worked there a few months and part-time at that (later, I found out that the bank president had asked our branch's manager what my name was before our conversation, taking most of my awe out of the situation!  Nonetheless, this guy knew the importance of calling someone by his or her name).

Some of us are good at remembering names and others of us are not.  This post isn't to say one group is better than the other.  What we are all good at though, is feeling good when someone else knows us by name.  And to the extent we can know others by name, we ought to extend them that same feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive