Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Front Yard and Habits

My front yard is a bit of a disaster.  Last summer's drought coupled with my boys' insatiable desire to play football has left the lawn in a rather desperate situation.  When you look at my yard, you can tell the boys' favorites routes are 'post' and 'up and out'!  While mowing what little of my front yard is left, I noticed ant hills had taken over the areas where grass used to be.

Where there once used to be something positive- grass- had been taken over by something negative- ants.

There's lots of truth there when it comes to habits.  For any of us looking to quit/stop doing something, we need to remember the value of having something positive take its place.  Otherwise, we're likely to switch out one poor habit for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive