Friday, October 18, 2013

What You Won't Find On A New Year's Resolution List

No one actually has the goal of "watching more TV".

None of us intentionally sit down and think, you know, this year, I need to watch more TV.  Catch up on some shows, maybe start a couple of new ones.

And yet I know I can be guilty of living my life like that.  Football games, baseball playoffs, new shows, reruns of old shows, shows online, shows to watch for the sole purpose of feeling connected to "what everyone else seems to be watching".

My kids will sometime whine at the end of particularly busy (though activity-filled and enriching) day with the complaint 'but we didn't get to watch any shows'.

My response is something along the lines of "my goal in life isn't to give you more time to watch shows".

What could we do/become/create if we watched less TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive