Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Integrity Checks

Integrity checks.  Situations in life where your integrity is tested, where no one may ever know if you chose to do the right thing or not.  I had another one happen the other day.  I ordered a year's worth of contact lenses from Wal Mart.  They had one box on hand when I placed my order and said they'd call me when the rest of my order arrived.  They called, I picked up my order, I went home.  Something didn't feel right, though.  I now had 3 boxes of lenses and I couldn't make the math work- there were simply too many lenses for my eyes to go through in a year.  So I checked my original receipt, checked the box's UPC code, and sure enough I had an extra box.  A $75 dollar mistake on Wal Mart's end.  I returned the box the next day.

Times such as these- whenever they happen- are integrity checks.  I'd like to think I've passed every integrity check that's come my way, but I haven't.  No one is perfect.  And yet each integrity check comes for a reason and is an opportunity to demonstrate integrity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive