Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bad Marketing

Seth Godin has some interesting comments on bad marketing here.

I get what he's saying- a new ministry came to town recently and did door to door fliers advertising a week's worth of kick off events in local parks on our side of town.  Except the name of one of the parks was misspelled.  Oops.  A big deal?  No.  Will good things still happen with this ministry?  Of course.  But I admit, upon seeing the flier, my first thought was the misspelled name.

I've also been guilty of what he's saying.  When we were designing Hillcrest's Powerhouse Tutoring Center, my first name was the "Whittier Neighborhood Tutoring Center".  Wow- real creative, hunh?!

Just because everyone can do marketing doesn't mean everyone should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive