Sunday, July 21, 2013

My One Social Media Rule

If you don't want people to see it, read it, comment on it, or know about it, then don't post it, upload it, send it, tweet it.  It's that simple.

Every once in awhile some well-meaning person on Facebook will post something about privacy and clicking and unclicking things so that their stuff is only seen by their friends and not their friends' friends.  I am not sure if these things work or not.  I am sure these things are done with the best of intentions.

But if you put it on the internet, even in secure and private places, then it's still on the internet.

If the possibility of everyone seeing something you post on Facebook causes you to pause (even though you've checked all the right settings), then I think you know what (not) to do.  

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, bro.....I'm not clicking by any name and checking anything nor am I reposting anything to prove I'm you're real friend or I will get struck by lightning 12 times in 10 minutes because of it......you write it and send it, whether on internet or in a text...it's officially out there and there's no taking it back....or protecting it.....or holding up in a court of law for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive