Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Hard Job

I recently was at a meeting with some teachers and was (again) reminded of how difficult the job is.  Standardized tests, new curriculum, staff meetings, grade-level meetings, preventing bullying, standardized tests, monitoring lunchrooms, monitoring recess, and did I mention standardized tests?!  There's lots of opinions on education and teachers and this isn't a post on the merits of those opinions.

But what almost each of those opinions and camps can agree on is the difficulty of being a teacher.  I see it each week as I spend some time in my kids' classroom, so while people are certainly entitled to their opinions of education, I suggest the 'walk a mile in someone's shoes' approach before setting up your soapbox.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive