Friday, April 19, 2013

Why I Blog

Blogger says I have over 500 posts since I started blogging in August 2008.  There's obviously been chunks of time taken off during those years, but recently I've been trying to blog more frequently, and here's why:

  • Blogging forces me to pay attention- when I blog, I am forced to pay attention- to notice what's happening in other blogs, current events, things at Hillcrest and other ministry trends, as well as things from life whether it's a purchase at HyVee or seeing a movie.  When I blog, I am more likely to pay attention and notice what else is happening.
  • Blogging keep me learning- there's not a lot of original thoughts on the blog and many of the posts are things I've learned from books, TED videos, or other blogs.  During the seasons I haven't blogged as often, my desire to read and learn more has decreased.
  • Blogging gives me a platform- I have no grand desire or scheme that this blog will 'go viral' or end up on a 'buzz' list, but for me, blogging gives me a platform to offer my own perspective on things that I care about and things that I know (something) about.  
  • Blogging can help spread good things- whether it's an article about Hillcrest, a unique post from a family member or fellow staff person's blog, or something I think can make a positive difference, blogging is one way to help spread the good things happening around us.

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother...start posting to Facebook? Social media is a good think ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive