Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Everyone Cleans Toilets

In the world of sports, it's known as "next man (or woman) up".  Meaning, someone gets hurt or injured, the backup or substitute comes in and is expected to do the same job.

In the world of ministry- and work- I think a similar phrase is "everyone cleans toilets".

We had three- yes three- toilets overflow this past Sunday at Hillcrest (and for those keeping score, none of them were men's toilets!).  And each time, a different person noticed the problem and went about cleaning up.  After the messes were contained, they found me and let me know so we could solve the problem going forward, but no one saw the overflowing toilets and said, 'gee, I wonder who's going to clean that up?'.  They simply went about cleaning it up.

Everyone cleans toilets.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! I heard that one of the women's toilets overflowed and then yes guilty teacher here-the toddler toilet overflowed. Huge kudos to Larry Matson so me and Kacey could stay focused on our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive