Thursday, May 16, 2013

Remember When

My wife has a saying- if it is not in the scrapbook, it didn't happen!  So, she takes lots of photos and is very diligent in updating our various family albums.  We live a fairly fun life so she doesn't want to let a moment go by without capturing it and being able to remember it.

There is lots of wisdom there.

Our small group met for the last time (until school resumes again) last night.  I had put together a picture collage (I am not good at anything artsy, so I rely on online sites to do the work for me!) and gave each family a collage full of photos from our small group this past year.  There were serving pictures, there were connecting pictures, and just general pictures.  We had a blast this last year serving and connecting with one another, and rather than rely solely on memories (which are good, don't get me wrong), we each have a small memento to remember the year by.

True, how long people keep it is different matter, but that's not really the point.  The point is "remembering when" with more than memories and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive